Semi Permanent Hiatus

Writerly pursuits have unfortunately prevented me from posting for quite some time. I do hope to return to regular posts in the future, and so will keep the blog up until that time either does or does not happen. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the articles posted here or contact me with any questions. Thanks for reading! - Jen

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to a Week's Worth of Pit Posts!


This week's theme came as a result of a conversation I was having with my friend Jan recently, who was talking about her friend's new pit bull puppy, a silver pit named Element. Naturally, I'm always excited when I hear that a pit bull has gone to a responsible home, and I immediately started peppering poor Jan with questions:

How old was the puppy? Did the new owners - who have two young sons - know that pit bulls were once known as the "nanny" dog in Great Britain, for their patience, devotion, and high pain tolerance to little hands pulling dog ears and tails? What were they doing to socialize the newcomer to other dogs?

So many questions, so many topics. I thought this would be a great forum to address many of these questions, for people who either have a pit bull themselves or for those are simply entertaining the idea of adopting one of these amazing dogs. Without question, pit bulls are not for everyone - they are highly intelligent, have loads of energy, and need lots of positive interaction and training to reach their full potential. Be sure to check in all week long, as we explore the ins and outs of becoming a pit bull dog-ma (or dog-dad!).

1 comment:

David Gallaher said...

I love pit-bulls, they are actually my second favorite breed (second to german shephereds), and this post provide a whole lot of wonderful infromation about them. Thank you!